Monday, April 27, 2015

Choices

As my dance intensive month comes to an end, I realize with some sadness that the question of what level I should be taking is kind of a moot point.  I  had asked FBT the other day whether it was better to build up on a really solid foundation of basics or to try things to get the big picture and refine down to the small details.  I forgot that now that my break from Other Movement is over, I will just have to make do with ballet whenever I can.

Soon I will be back to doing Other Movement 5-6 days a week, and there will be rehearsals on top of training.  Ballet will have to drop back down to 1-2 times a week, 3 if I'm really lucky.  I won't be able to take the classes that I feel are slightly beyond my comfort level because of scheduling.  I will probably lose my momentum and some of the progress I have made.

I try to remind myself that it is okay.  That the primary purpose of taking ballet is to improve my lines for Other Movement, and this is happening.  That ballet will be there in the future when I have more time and freedom from commitments again.   For now I am choosing Other Movement because of the opportunities I have there, and I have to accept that the consequences are that ballet will have to be less of a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment